Morning, noon, and night, there are countless ways at Rutgers University–New Brunswick to join in and do something. You will find endless opportunities to have fun, try something new, meet new people, stretch your limits, and discover more about yourself and the world around you.
We Want You!
Explore the many ways to join in at Rutgers–New Brunswick. There are clubs to join (or run), community service to perform, performances to watch—you name it. Make friends and make memories as you make the most of your time here.
Office of Student Life
Get Involved! is the Office of Student Life’s jam-packed, go-to resource for student activities at Rutgers–New Brunswick.
Search the vast database and discover the more than 400 organizations and clubs at Rutgers—everything from Amnesty International to the Underground Gaming Society. Are you a graduate student looking to join a club or start one? The Graduate Student Association manages financial support for nearly 100 graduate student organizations.
Join the team that makes an organization tick and you’ll gain skills that will serve you throughout your lifetime. We’ll teach you how to be an effective and responsible leader.
Student Centers: Where the Action Is
The six student centers are where many student organizations are located and where many events are held. They are also great places to study, grab a bite to eat, and just hang out.
Work on Campus
Earn money, gain valuable experience, and have fun by working for Rutgers. Student employment is available through the Federal Work Study Program and through direct hiring by departments and units such as our libraries.
Be a Part of Student Media
Gain professional experience and keep the Rutgers–New Brunswick community informed and entertained while working for student media, including newspapers, TV, radio stations, literary journals, and more.
Monday Music Meetings
Go behind the scenes of the WRSU music selection process with senior and Music Director, Mica Finehart.
Scarlet Knights and Recreation
Want to go scuba diving? Kick around a ball? Head out for a hike? How about a class in salsa or yoga? Choose from hundreds of classes offered by Rutgers–New Brunswick Recreation or just find some friends for a pickup game of soccer, cricket, basketball, frisbee—you name it. Check out sport clubs, intramurals, and personal training, too!
And when it’s time to join “R” house and cheer on the Division I Scarlet Knights, you’ll find your favorite spectator sports played at the highest intercollegiate levels. Come out and yell your head off for your team. And don’t forget to wear red!
Drawing together hundreds and even thousands of people for a singular experience, these five annual events have an energy that courses through Rutgers–New Brunswick.
1. At the Charity Bed Race, teams race down College Avenue on decorated beds during Homecoming. Student organizations, fraternities, sororities, and residence hall and alumni groups compete and the winning team donates a cash prize to the charity of its choice.
2. Involvement Fairs are a great way to learn more about hundreds of student organizations and dozens of fraternities and sororities. Get involved!
3. The Scarlet Knights Football Homecoming game is the biggest party in town. At the annual fall event, thousands of fans tailgate and cheer on the team at High Point Solutions Stadium. RU Rah Rah!
4. Raise more than $1,00,000 each year to help sick kids with the Rutgers University Dance Marathon. You and hundreds of others will keep your toes tapping and your bodies swaying for more than 30 hours straight!
5. Rutgers Day attracts more than 100,000 visitors. This annual spring event is when we share Rutgers with New Jersey and beyond. You can just show up and have a good time; run an event for your club, school, or department; or volunteer to help keep the amazing day running smoothly.